Sunday, June 20, 2010

Irises


During college I worked for some folks who ran a small EBay business out of their home and they had a wonderful flower garden. In this historic Nashville garden they had a plethora of Irises. I not only wanted to show people that I was an accomplished flower painter but I wanted to create the flower to give it a sculptural effect. I really enjoyed coming up with the design for the petals while realistically portraying the colors of the flower with paint. Lipscomb University bought these from me so its been 4 years since I've made any more flowers like these; I think its time to make some more sculptural flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Steph I love these! So pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one that Ash has in her house! I always think of you when I see it :)

    ReplyDelete